Looking to Work for IATSE Local 58?
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for work with IATSE Local 58 you must fill in an application form (PDF) and send it with a resume by e-mail or to our office. Our office will review your application and resume and contact you with the details.
- As a member of the union, you are protected with a legal contract that specifies what you will be paid, what your benefits are, defined working conditions. Without the union you are working under a good faith understanding.
- You are protected from unfair and illegal activities by an employer.
- You have access to retirement and health benefits for yourself and family.
- You have representation, legal and negotiating expertise of the union at your side should you have a dispute with an employer.
- You are part of a professional network of technicians and craftsmen in the entertainment industry.
- You can participate in educational and training opportunities provided by the union.
- You have a voice, vote, and dignity in an industry that continues to experience growth.
- You realize the closest thing to job security in the entertainment industry by possessing an IA card.
What tools or equipment is required to work with IATSE Local 58?
We require all of our employees to maintain and carry a minimum tool kit, which includes the following:
- CLAW HAMMER
- TAPE MEASURE
- PHILIPS SCREWDRIVER
- #2 ROBERTSON SCREWDRIVER
- #6 ROBERTSON SCREWDRIVER
- #8 ROBERTSON SCREWDRIVER
- #10 ROBERTSON SCREWDRIVER
- 3 SIZES SLOT SCREWDRIVER
- STAPLE GUN AND PULLER
- SHARP POCKET KNIFE
- SPEED WRENCH
- 8" ADJUSTABLE WRENCH
- CHANNEL LOCK PLIERS
- SIDE CUTTERS
- PENCIL AND ERASER
- CARPENTERS APRON
- WORK BOOTS (Must be CSA green patch certified)
- HARD HAT (must be CSA certified)
511 Adelaide Street West
Telephone: (416) 364-5565
Fax: (416) 364-5987
Monday - Wednesday 9am-5pm
Thursday & Friday 9am-6pm